The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Enter your truck info so we can recommend the right products for you.
Can't find it? Call us at 859-737-4966 for free advice.
Injectors & Related Items
Water Meth Inj Kits
Thoroughbred Diesel has been your online performance headquarters since 2002. We know how to get the most performance out of your pickup truck and offer all of today's most popular diesel performance products.
Gaskets & Seals
Starters & Alternators
Thoroughbred Diesel offers OEM and diesel stock parts for your diesel pickup truck. At Thoroughbred Diesel, you can
buy stock diesel replacement parts such as injectors, fuel pumps, ball joints,
track bars, turbos, and more for your diesel truck.
Floor Mats and Liners
Seats & Covers
Spare Tire Carriers
Make heads turn with custom truck accessories from Thoroughbred Diesel.
Gooseneck & Fifth Wheel
Hitch Pins & Hitch Locks
Shackles & Tow Hooks
Diesel Tips Shirts
Show your support with a Thoroughbred Diesel t-shirt, sweatshirt, or sticker decal.
Buy TicketsBuy Tickets on Eventbrite
3 Runs per entry. The run that yields the highest combined horsepower and torque numbers will be used as your entry into the competition. You may not select a run with a lower yield in order to remain in a preferred class. A truck may only have one entry per class. If a truck breaks out of a class it cannot re-enter back into that class. A truck may rebuy into a class but only the highest combined number in that class will be applied. A truck cannot place more than once per class.
Example: A truck in Work Stock class makes 651 HP. Their combined numbers would be bumped into the Limited Stock class. That person could purchase another entry into the Limited stock class and attempt a better result in the limited stock class.
Winners in each class will be determined by utilizing the highest combined horsepower and torque numbers from a single run.
PAYOUTS: We guarantee the first three payout spots in each class regardless of participation. Additional payouts are based on participation. Once a total of 30 trucks (competition and non-competition) have registered to dyno we will guarantee all 5 payout spots in each class.
The Work Stock (WS) class is designed for daily-driven, on-the-road pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory.
Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
Engine: The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM compression ignition engine available from the factory in a one ton or smaller truck.
Driveline: An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option for a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Tires: Racing Slicks are prohibited.
Water Meth, Propane, and Nitrous are PROHIBITED.
Power Bracket – Work Stock trucks must fall within the bracket range of 1 HP to 650 HP and a total combined horsepower and torque number less than 1950. Any truck that exceeds the maximum horsepower or maximum combined number will have their numbers bumped into the appropriate bracket class. Example: A 651 horsepower truck will have their numbers transferred from the Work Stock class to the Limited Stock class. Or a truck with 620 HP and 1350 TQ will be bumped into the Limited Stock class.
The Limited Stock class is designed for street drivable trucks with a wide variety of performance upgrades. Valid DOT registration and plates are mandatory.
Power Bracket – Limited Stock trucks must fall within the bracket range of 651 HP to 900 HP and a total combined horsepower and torque number less than 2700. Any truck that exceeds the maximum horsepower or maximum combined number will have their numbers bumped into the appropriate bracket class. Example: A 901 horsepower truck will have their numbers transferred from the Limited Stock class to the Unlimited class. Or a truck with 800 HP and 2000 TQ will be bumped into the Unlimited class.
The Unlimited class is for competition vehicles.
Water Meth, Propane, and Nitrous are ALLOWED. Fogging is prohibited.
Power Bracket – Unlimited trucks will fall above 901 HP or a total combined horsepower and torque number greater than 2701. There is no maximum horsepower or combined number for the Unlimited class.
The batteries must be securely mounted and in the factory location.
The body must be the OEM truck body including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. No fiberglass hoods. The hood must be fully closed and securely latched while hooked to the sled. The OEM complete firewall and OEM floor plan is mandatory. A factory pickup bed or commercial aftermarket flatbed must be installed.
Four wheel hydraulic are mandatory and functional.
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the factory location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, tube chassis, etc. Are prohibited.
5. Cooling System:
Radiators must be in the stock location and be at least stock size.
6. Compressed Gases:
The use of any compressed gases is prohibited. This includes nitrous, propane or any other.
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
OEM transmissions and transfer cases are mandatory. They must have been an option for a one ton or smaller pickup.
9. Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
The engine is limited to a stock appearing, OEM compression engine available from the factory in a one ton or smaller pickup.
All vehicles are recommended to be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit rearward of the driver’s compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender wells are prohibited. 2-3/8” cross bolts must be installed within 6” from the turbo.
The fuel must be #1, #2 diesel or soy/biodiesel.
13. Fuel Injection Pump:
OEM fuel systems only no dual cp3’s no ag governors.
14. Harmonic Balancer:
All engines turning more than 3500 rpm must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI spec 18.1.
15. Hitch (See Pictures For Styles):
24” maximum to the top of the hitch from the ground. The hitch must be a be a reese style hitch. Reinforcements are permitted but cannot go past the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. No drawbar style hitches at all. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumper may be notched or removed. The hooking point must have a minimum of 3”x3-3/4” inside opening for the sled to hook. The hooking point must be a minimum of 44” from the center line of the rear axle. The hooking point will be where the hook touches the metal. No.
Bars above frame rails or in front/past centerline of rear end. If your hitch doesn’t look like this, you can pull but are automatically disqualified.
A complete factory OEM interior including dashboard, door panels, etc is mandatory. Aftermarket seats can be used but must be fully upholstered. The use of hand throttles is prohibited.
17. Rear End:
The rear ends must be from a one ton or smaller OEM pickup truck rear end. Must have a factory front axle from manufacturer.
The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power assist. Non OEM power assist is prohibited.
19. Street Equipment:
Compete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative and must be installed during competition. Complete OEM windshields and windows are mandatory. No intakes through headlights.
20. Front Suspension:
The factory suspension configuration must be retained.
21. Rear Suspension:
An OEM style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are permitted. They must be bolted on only. Welds are permitted for attachments to the frame or axle housing. Traction bars if equipped must have a chain/cable one foot from the front of the support to catch the bar in case of failure. All OEM suspension mounting points must be used. Must have at least one shock absorber per wheel. Air bags are prohibited.
All tires must be dot approved tires. 35” max on single wheel trucks, 33” on dually trucks. (duallys must use dually wheels front and back no removal of adapter on the front to run a wider wheel). Factory duallys are the only ones that can run dual wheels. Ex- single cab long bed, ex cab long bed or a four-door long bed. No short bed dually’s unless its’s a ford short bed or a mega cab dodge.
All transmissions automatic or standard must be from a one ton or smaller OEM pickup truck. Any vehicle spinning more than 4500 rpm must have an approved blanket on the transmission.
T-3 MOUNT ONLY. The turbocharger must be a stock appearing from a one ton or smaller pickup. Must be a true 2.5” charger in the stock location per manufacturer. A single .200 inch MWE groove.
Maximum is allowed and must be in the neck of the inducer bore behind face of the wheel in the 2.5” area, no forward facing MWE grove. Inducer bore must be non-removable. All air must go through the 2.5” inducer bore and the MWE groove. The wheel must intrude into the 2.5” bore 1/8”. Turbo will be checked.
With a 2.55 plug or internal calipers. Turbo’s are allowed to be interchanged from different years, makes and models as long as they were offered from the factory in a one ton or smaller pickup truck using the factory footprint (you can’t interchange turbo parts from Cummins, Duramax or Powerstroke’s. ex. Compressor housing must match exhaust housing. Ex. He351 compressor housing & he351 exhaust housing) s-300 sections allowed no s-400 sections. Powerstroke 6.4’s engines using the factory style twin turbos must use a stock size intake wheel on the atmosphere turbo (65mm).
25. Water Injection:
The factory wheelbase must be used. Cab and chassis trucks may not exceed 172” or exceed 102” width.
Hanging weights are permitted. No weight boxes, suitcase weights only. Weights cannot exceed no farther forward than 60” from the centerline of the front axle. All weights must be secure. Disqualification if weights fall off going down the track.
28. Drive Shaft Loop/Shield:
You must have a driveshaft loop/shield at the rear end covering the u-joint (will give you 3 hooks to get one put on) front driveshaft loop/shield is highly recommended at the front axle covering the u- joint.
29. Factory Fuel Tanks:
In the factory location or a fuel cell mounted in the bed can be used.
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED AT ANY TIME TO CLEAR UP A GRAY AREA.
1. Maximum weight 8,000lbs
2. OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions and tube chassis are prohibited. Lengthening of frame allowed up to 158”. Longer trucks (158”-172”) must maintain OEM measurements for body being used.
3. The body must be OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. After market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.
4. Maximum cubic inch 460. Engine must be in OEM locations for the body used. No aftermarket blocks permitted. Engine must have 3/8 cable surrounding #1 and #2 cylinders and must pass through the manifolds. 2 cables at splice with 4-6 inches of slack.
5. Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted. Side draft and aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed.
6. Hook point to be no closer than 44”of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. Drawbar height adjustment link.
If attached to rear differential housing the attaching point must be at axle centerline or below. The drawbar adjusters cannot attach to anything above centerline of the rear axle. The adjusters must go down from drawbar. The adjusters can only go straight downward vertically or towards rear differential housing. No slotting of holes for adjuster attachment. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle.
7. Turbo is limited to a 2.6” inducer bore. Bore must be smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6” bore for 1/8”. Bore will be checked with a 2.605” turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter inducer bore and contact wheel.
8. All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind cab or out of truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.
9. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of truck but must be securely fastened.
10. All trucks must have at least six-inch-wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16-inch steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from side of truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
11. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5# fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.
12. All drivers must have valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seatbelt/restraint must be worn.
13. The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
14. Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed.
15. Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
16. OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
17. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.
18. Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to back of vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to end of switch. Ring must be zip tied to switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in cab while driver is secured in vehicle.
19. Hydraulic steering permitted.
20. Suspension - The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags. Rear suspension may be made solid.
21. Tires must be DOT approved with maximum size of 35x12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
22. Dual wheels are prohibited.
23. OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
24. Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.
25. SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
26. Water injection is prohibited.
27. Air to air intercooler only. No ice or water permitted truck during competition.
Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are permitted. Front ballast and ballast mounting point must be easily removable, but securely mounted. May not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle and be high enough to clear scale and other pit obstacles. If it hits the scale, it must be removed to compete. Ballast may be added to the bed of truck. If used it must be securely fastened to the bed. Final decisions rest with the technical department.
The Batteries must be securely mounted can be in anywhere, but if in cab must be covered completely.
The body must be the OEM truck body. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass hoods and roll pans only are permitted. All Fiberglass hoods must be shielded on the underneath side with sheet metal or aluminum skin a minimum of .060 thick. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the truck is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and floor plan is recommended. Only factory installed Pickup beds or commercial style aftermarket beds must be installed. NO FLATBEDS.
Front wheel hydraulic functional brakes are mandatory.
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, tube chassis, etc, are prohibited.
Non OEM rear-end housings are permitted.
An OEM transmission and transfer case are excepted. They may have been an option on a one ton or smaller pickup. Driver Restraint System or the OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
Driveshaft Loops: All trucks must have at least six (6) inch wide u-joint shields around all u-joints on rear drive shaft constructed of at least 1⁄4 steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joints and the ends of drive shafts. Any u-joint on the front axle that can be seen from front or side of truck must be shielded the same as all other u-joints. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. A new puller may be granted a one-time wavier.
The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one ton or smaller pickup truck. Cubic Inch limit of 444 CI. Water pumps may be factory or electric powered. Electric cooling fans are permitted.
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit rearward of the driver’s compartment or through the hood. Stacks’ exiting through the fender well are prohibited. Two (2) 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one (1) inch of each other and as close to the turbo as possible. This will be teched. Bolt heads welded to the pipe or sheet metal screws to mimic this will be grounds for disqualification.
Fire Extinguisher System:
A fire extinguisher system is permitted, it must be securely mounted All vehicles must have at least a 2 1⁄2 lb extinguisher with working gauge mounted within drivers reach.
Diesel fuel ONLY.
Fuel Injection Pump:
The fuel injection pump is limited to cylinder number specific (I.e. 6 cylinder pump on a 6 cylinder motor). Dual high pressure common rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. P3000 or P7100 only
Ag governors are allowed. No Sigma or 12-cylinder pumps allowed. A 3-way dump valve must be installed close to pump on all manual pumps and operated from the driver’s compartment. Hand throttles may be used and must be spring loaded to return to idle when released. P3000 or P7100 only on P Pump trucks. No 8600 pumps.
All vehicles/drivers must comply with general rules.
All engines turning more than 4500 RPM must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or dampener meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
The hitch may be a receiver- style hitch or a custom drawbar type. Reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the center line of the rear axle and must remain inside the frame rails. The hooking point must be the rear most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be stationary in all directions. Bumper may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum of 3 inch by 3 3⁄4 inch inside opening for the sled hook. The hooking point must be a minimum of 44 inches from the center of the rear axle, to the end of the hole where the hook touches metal to be pulled from, this is the hooking point.
Factory style or aftermarket intercoolers are allowed. Water to air intercoolers allowed. Ice and water must be weighed at the time of crossing the scales.
All trucks are required to have kill switch located on the back of the truck, located near the hooking point. On trucks with an electric injection fuel pumps it must have an electric shut off or disconnect for the injection pump on the back of the truck for trucks with manual injection pumps they must have an air guillotine of the spring loaded type, no butterfly type to kill the air intake to the engine. It is recommended to have an air shut off on all trucks. Kill switch failure will result in disqualification. If during competition the kill switch slides loose or falls out distance will be measured. Securing the kill switch is the driver’s responsibility.
Nitrous Oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be removed from the truck.
Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
All drivers must wear a helmet, and a SFI 3.2a approved fire jacket and fire pants, and leather shoes.
The vehicle may retain the original OEM steering gear or use an electric over hydraulic steering. Additional stabilizers are permitted.
Suspension - Front:
The factory suspension configuration must be retained. Modifications to the front suspension that would alter the original location (I.E. moving it forward or backward) is not permitted. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Air shocks are prohibited.
The tires must be DOT street tires, with a tire limit size of 35 inches. Cut tires are prohibited.
After market allowed
Transmission - Automatic:
Non - OEM transmissions are prohibited. The transmission must have been an option for a one ton or smaller truck. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non -OEM floor mounted automatic shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. Vehicle must not start in gear. All transmission lines must be metallic or high pressure type hose. All automatic transmissions must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket type shield must be used and appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must be from the rear of the engine block and extend rearward onto the transmission, with a minimum of six (6) inch overlap where it is fastened. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1.
Transmission - Manual:
After market transmissions are allowed. Must have an SFI Clutch and Flywheel spec of 1.1 or 2.1. SFI approved Blanket of 4.2 or SFI Clutch can with a Spec of 6.3.
The vehicle is limited to a single 3.0 smooth bore only. NO MWE allowed. Must protrude no less than 1/8 inch into a 3 inch bore.
Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from truck.
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheel base and track width. Cab and chassis trucks may not exceed 172 inch center to center of axles. Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels.
All vehicles must cross scales and enter the track under their own power. All 3.0 Trucks with open driveline, truck wheel base must not exceed 158 inches.